Thursday, December 20, 2012

so many days

Day 6 of embryos, Day 19 of cycle, Day 1.5 of bedrest, Day 0 of thinking there are too many days to keep track of.

Everything in IVF is measured so precisely, it's amazing. The most amazing part is that it science can only do so much. It's amazing that God made man so intelligent to do IVF, but ultimately it is still God that creates. It is still God that holds the story to your life. It really is amazing. I just keep praying that my story is epic. A story like no other. One that leads people to say, "WOW! Look at the Glory of God! Only God could do that!"  I want nothing more than that.

Today's list:

woke up.
breakfast.
bathroom.
nap.
bathroom.
wrote 5 Christmas cards.
bathroom.
watched Craigslist Joe (pretty good).
bathroom.
journaled.
talked to Kari. (lovely sister)
watched a documentary on the oldest cave drawings.
nap. (obviously)
drew's home!
drew left.
watching drew on live stream & blogging.
(future)
french fries.
movie w/ drew.
meds.
sleep...again.

Wow, that list actually makes it look like I did something today! Truth be known I text drew at 9:30am telling him this day was the longest day ever. It's not easy being on bedrest. I feel for pregnant women who have to do this for weeks or months! But I feel pretty normal so that makes me want to do stuff. If I had a growing baby in me, I think I might want to lay down a bit as well.

Drew is home tomorrow which is great! I hope to get a few visitors as well, which will be great for me, not so great for them since I haven't showered in 2 days by then. But I love this season. I don't know, I just feel so happy.  There are times in your life even when things are chaotic around you that God shows up and brings Joy and Peace. I feel that so strongly. His presence is so strong. I'm praying that all of you feel it and that those who have lost hope feel it was well.

I think it was my awesome pastor that said there's a difference between Hoping and wishing. When you wish there's not really a possibility of it happening. It's like a dream.  But when you Hope, that means there is still a glimmer of possibility available for that desire. Hope kinda defines me. Desires not yet fulfilled but believing in a God who does impossible things.


My first visitors!

Ryan & Laura put there kids in bed tonight and told them they would get a bedtime story: The Polar Express. When they opened the book 4 tickets fell out.  4 tickets to the minivan Polar Express! They all got back up, ran outside with their jammies on and the "Engineer" punched their tickets and gave them hot chocolate. They went on a Christmas light tour and stopped by my place to say hello. They are driving through downtown Rochester which is covered in lights. I love that tradition. It look like they do too. It was so good to squeeze them.

No comments: