Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 2 from egg retrieval

Friday I had my retrieval which you can read about in my last update and yesterday I heard from Dr. M who told me that out of 10 eggs, EIGHT FERTILIZED!!!! This is a GREAT thing! Dr. B was hoping that 6 would fertilize and so we have beat the odds by fertilizing 8! He said they would call me the next day with a further update but this was a great start.

I hung up and was very excited.  And then I was surprised by my excitement. It sort of came out of nowhere.  I mean, I've felt pretty calm and even keeled about this whole process.  When I got the phone call all of a sudden I felt attached to these cells that have turned into embryos...embies. Not just any embryo's, MY embryos.

This process is so amazing.

I found this site that helps understand the stages of embryo growth. It's pretty good.

Click here to learn!

Here's a pic to explain: 



Today the dr. didn't call me until 4-ish and I was a bit nervous.  He told me he doesn't ever know the time the other dr's will call him with the update so I should just know they will call when they can. :)  He told me as of today 4 of the 8 embryo's have 4 cells, 2 have 3 cells and 2 have 2 cells.  He said he thought this was a good growing number and we would still probably be looking at a day 5 transfer which would be Wednesday.  It'a all a bit confusing still, but I'm believing God to protect our embryo's and grow them at a perfect rate.  It is when the embryo starts to move out of the cell that it will be time to implant.  It's a scary time as they grow and so I'm praying for safety for the embryo's and wisdom for the doctors.  I know these embryo's aren't babies, but I can definitely feel the attachment to them. Although they said it will probably be wednesday there is a chance that I could be implanted tomorrow.  If that's the case we would know by noon and it wouldn't happen until after 4pm.  But I really think it will be wednesday.  I'm kinda excited! Still just praying everything continues to go well.  

So I'm trying to figure out what I can do when I'm laying on the couch for 3 days.  It's coming soon! Maybe I will fill out my Christmas cards, or watch a million movies or read books. I'm trying to cook some casseroles and get things ready, but I'm not sure if I will ever be ready. The possibility of having children - it just doesn't seem real. 

No comments: