Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 3--still waiting!

Waiting is getting harder! I'm trying so hard to not get excited. I hate getting excited. I'm so thankful for all of friends and family who are excited for me, but excitement often leads to disappointment in my life.  It's not that I'm trying to be a downer, but it's how I feel.  I know God can do amazing things. I believe He has an amazing plan for my life.

OK--now for the exciting update:

Dr B called today and he sounded a bit tired. He asked me if someone had called me and then gave me my update from yesterday. He caught himself and then gave me my update for today which was....

4 embryo's are now at 8 cells
1 embryo is at 7 cells (catching up!)
2 embryo's are at 6 cells
1 embryo is at 4 cells (poor little guy)


Dr. B was happy about these numbers and said he thought for sure we would have 6 good embryo's!  That's more than I had hoped for. :)  So for sure we will be implanting on Wednesday.  Dr. said it will either be very early in the morning or later in the day.  I'm hoping for early, but I have a feeling it will be late afternoon.  Then I will be on bed rest for 3 days! I'm not used to just sitting around so I'm taking ideas for what to do.  Drew tells me to just relax. I'm not sure what he means, but I know he's right. It will be good to do that. Until then I'm cleaning, cooking and trying to finish some Christmas stuff. Only a few days left and then we are heading to Mama Lou's for Christmas! I'm excited to go and get away for awhile. I'm so blessed to work at a place where I get the week off.  It's a huge blessing in this season of fertility. God is so good.

I pray God blesses the families in Connecticut.  It's hard to be in a season when my life is filled with such hope and excitement while others are filled with sorrow and despair. May God bless them tonight and the days to come. May their lives see hope once again.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Everything sounds like it's going great! Praying for you.

lou said...

ok, things are on track..still praying and know that God will provide. Can't wait till you get home so you can relax and I mean relax..it will be a continuation of the rest of this week. love you