Saturday, December 08, 2012

Day 8--night

SO--our appointment today...we arrived and quickly got ushered in for our ultrasound. The Dr. came in and told me right away that it would be a quick check up to see how I'm "cooking".  So we did the ultrasound. My follicles are growing! :)  Dr. said everything looks good and on schedule.  The follicles on my right side are growing well, and the ones on my left are just a few but they are growing. I mentioned that it was strange because last week I had more follicles on my left side then my right. But this week it's opposite.  He looked at the nurse and started saying things I didn't understand. "Really?", he looked at the nurse.  She says, "yes, that's right".  Dr, "Did they pull a Bonnie?". Nurse, "It looks that way".

WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?

The only thing I could come up with was Bonnie & Clyde, but I really don't know.  Doctors and their code talk...  He then said everything's great and I was to get dressed and go get my blood drawn.  The nurse that drew my blood was awesome. She didn't even think twice before she had that needle in my arm.  I told her I was a fainter (I tell every nurse that draws my blood this. I feel it's only fair they should know what might be in their future.) and it didn't even phase her.  She looked at me and her eyes said, "We'll see about that".

The intention of this appointment was to see how my follicles are growing and adjust my medicine according to how they look.  I guess many times the meds are increased. They determine this by my hormone levels through my blood test. So I got the results a few hours later and the numbers are great. Dr. said I can keep taking the normal dose of meds that I'm on.  Which is a blessing financially. My next appointment is Tuesday morning.  So I get Monday morning off because normally at this point in the game I see the Dr. every day.  I'm thankful to not have to do that.  However, I DO have to order more meds. My meds run out tomorrow night and my nurse gave me some free to get me through Monday night. So Monday I have to order more, but it's hard because we don't really know how much to order. I don't want to order too much because it's expensive and obviously not returnable.  So I will call Monday and order 2 more boxes I guess.  That will get me through Thursday, which is the day Dr. said I might be ready.  He also said that by just quickly looking at my follicles he thought they could probably get about 10 eggs out of this round. WOW! 10!

Now 10 doesn't mean 10 babies, or even 10 embryo's. It just means 10 eggs.  Sometimes after retrieval the eggs aren't mature enough to use. Or possible something else could be wrong. Then once they are injected with sperm, they could not mature from that and no embryo would be created.  So they have to survive that too.  Then IF they survive the retrieval and the ICSY they will be given 3-5 days to mature.  Sometimes they don't mature.  So all of that to say 10 doesn't mean 10. It means a good number to start with for which I'm thankful.  Very thankful.

I'm doing this right now:



Shot #14.  For some reason the medicine is starting to sting. My nurse told me it was supposed to sting, but for the most part it didn't.  Last night, and just now, it was stinging. grrr.  Still worth it though. ;) 


We got our Christmas tree today! YAY! We weren't sure we were going to get one this year, but we decided to get it today. We usually go to a tree farm and spend all day finding the perfect tree to cut down.  It's fun. But today was rainy, and I just didn't feel like getting wet while looking for a tree.  Cold and snowy is one thing, wet and cold is another. So we went to Wal-mart to get our tree (figured we might as well get the cheapest one). But alas, no trees at Wal-mart.  So we headed to Lowes, they had about 20 trees and 1/2 of them were SPRAY PAINTED!!!! NO--I'm not lying. For reals, they were like bright green and spray painted.  I told drew I would rather have NO Christmas than have a spray painted tree.  It was bad enough that we were buying one at a store instead of chopping it down, but spray paint?!?!? ugh.

So we left there, went to Meijer..no trees. Good grief! We decided to try Home Depot and FINALLY we found our "perfect" tree....which has fallen over twice already. haha.  Tis the season! And we got colored lights this year (we usually take turns, I like colored blinky, Drew likes all boring white so we trade every other year) so I could have my turn. But 1/2 of the ones we bought were burned out (thanks Wal-mart!) so we are waiting till tomorrow to decorate. But it was still great to get the tree in our place.








Drew got his birthday gift from my sister Kari today.  I think he liked it.  No, it's not supposed to be a hat. But it IS cool. And he loved is mini tinsel tree.





I got a gift as well.  Kari has a ring that she has worn for I don't know how long but it was a sign of things to come.  Peaceful days. Lovely days. Days filled with Laughter and Joy. Family, Love. She sent me that ring to wear in this season.  It means more to me than she will ever know.


No comments: