Sunday, December 30, 2012

He makes it beautiful

Drew and I have been listening to a new group lately called All Sons and Daughters . Their music is so amazing. It's sort of folky and relaxing. You should check them out by clicking the link on the name above.  Good stuff.  They have a song where they sing "You make it beautiful, You make it beautiful...". I love this song, cuz it's so true. God takes hopeless stories and not only redeems them, but makes them beautiful for the world to see. It's so humbling that God would even care. I mean, He cares about us enough to allow us in the Garden with Him, walking with Him daily.  Then we mess that up and He has to stay true to His word because He doesn't lie and so we were cast out. Departed from Him.  And He spends the rest of the story pursuing us trying to get us back to that intimate garden where we belong.  He sent his son for us, which is more than I could ask or deserve, but that wasn't the end either. I mean, if salvation was it, that would be enough. But He's a MORE THAN kind of God. He's a FLOWING OVER kind of God.  He doesn't just fix something with duck tape, He makes it beautiful. Priceless as He draws us to Himself. He continues to make my story beautiful and I'm so thankful to Him.  To have God in my life has been one of the most amazing things. When there are times that I have felt alone and forgotten, He has proven to me that I am not those things. That He is VERY real and VERY much a part of my every day life. He is so beautiful. And that's why He can't help but make what He touches beautiful too.

I've been asked a few times to share more details about the process of IVF. I've found a video that shows it pretty well.  If you're not interested in seeing the details of how eggs are removed and then transfered back into a uterus, don't watch it.  Just know it happens and it's amazing. If you do have an interest in that sort of thing, please enjoy.

This Video Explains the Retrieval Process

In the above video it explains the natural process of IVF. Our egg retrieval was much like that video, but we actually had a process called ICSI which is explained below. It ensures the sperm entering the egg.

Click Here to Watch Awesome Video with Bad Soundtrack

So that's basically it. I remember watching the second video before I went in for retrieval. It was amazing to see how they can actually wash the sperm and find the best ones and then cut off the tail (which naturally falls off if they push their way in) and insert it into the egg.  AMAZING!

So, there's another IVF lesson for you during our 2 week wait. Not a whole lot to do but try to distract ourselves. I went to find some jeans today (SCORE!), picked up my meds, had a nap and then had an amazing dinner at the Brazles. Always fun to spend time with family.  But I sadly left my leftovers by the door as we were leaving.  I really hope they find them. haha.

Church tomorrow - YAY! I'm so excited to just be in worship for a bit. There's something about our church that draws me into God's presence and I'm so thankful God has put us in the perfect place.

One more day down...our Christmas tree is tied to the wall but still standing, our truck is getting us where we need to go, Ajax is happy and it is warm and cozy inside. All is well in the land of Smiths.

No comments: