Tuesday, February 05, 2008

what are the chances?

What are the chances that I would be given $1.00 for every time I said, "what are the chances?". Not high this time.

I was at Target trying to replace a dvd that I bought there earlier this month. I got to the end of the dvd and there was a scratch and I couldn't finish the disc. So I knew I didn't have a receipt because I bought it with cash, but I figured it was damaged so they would just switch it out. So much for my thinking. I found out there is some sort of policy where if you don't have your receipt for a purchase they "can't" do anything for you. So I was SO upset. I thought surely the manager of Target can either switch out my dvd or give me my money back or at the very least a rain check so I can buy it again at the sale price. "sorry, I wish there was something I could do.". wow. wow. wow. wow. It wasn't this girls fault, but she picked the wrong day to upset me. I must admit I got more upset as I went on because she kept saying "sorry" with a blank face on. I finally asked her to stop saying sorry because it was only upsetting me more. He words were not action and I couldn't believe they were telling me I paid $20 bucks for nothing. I was SUPER upset. So I went home and made a few calls and got no where, resolving to wait until Monday to handle it. It was Saturday.

Sunday we decided to go to the movies. It was a late movie starting at 9pm. When we got out we found ourselves in a winter wonderland as it had snowed 4-5 inches in just an hour and a half. We decided to eat at Fridays since it was so late and it was close. No one was there, we had the place to ourselves and it was a lovely dinner. Drew and Adam were sitting next to one another and I was facing them. They were facing the door and that's how they could see the manager of Target coming in to sit right behind us. WOW. "What are the chances?" I asked myself. Of all people to tromps out into the snow in the middle of the night half way across the city. We contemplated what to do since if we left she would know for sure it was us. So I decided to send her some spin dip and tell her sorry for getting upset. The waitress served it to them and I got up to talk. She was instantly in manager mode again and she looked a bit scared. I didn't blame her, I was really upset. I knew it wasn't her fault and she did do a good job handling me. But she still didn't help me! I said good-bye and realized she never said thanks for the app. Now I am really mad. But I decided to let it go and know that the crazy things happen for a reason. God wanted me to do something, to interact with her, and so I did. I just had to shake my head and wish that was one more dollar coming towards me.

No comments: