Monday, February 04, 2008

daily subject: sports (ugh)

What sporting event would you like to win or be a part of winning? How often do you play sports? What sports teams have you been a part of? How good are you and what story can you tell us about jogging?


Well, I must admit I am a closet sports person. I actually LOVE going to sporting events. I love the outdoors and I love to be at a baseball game, basket ball game, football, hockey (although I've never been to a hockey game...I know, can you believe it?), dodgeball, or whatever. I can honestly say I don't like watching golf though. But I do like playing it. I've only played a few times but it's pretty fun. The problem with all of this is I don't have people that are close to me that like to do these things. I don't like to follow the series of things, like the pistons etc. I don't have favorites, although I can see how I could love Chicago Cubs or New York Yankees before others. I like feeling like a fan. But again, my husband isn't a sports guy, or an event guy so I've never been to one with him. It's a small price to pay since we have so many other things that I love to do in common. I usually get to see one baseball game a year. Which I think is pretty good for me. Oh, and I've only been to a Cubs game, that's the only major baseball team I've seen. I have a thought to believe that minor baseball is more fun, and less expensive, but I don't know.

I played softball when I was in high school and although I loved it, I didn't continue because I was afraid of the senior girls. They were big and scary to me, so I wimped out. I liked volleyball ok and almost tried out for that, but growing up it was hard to find rides to school for practice. We lived about 5 miles out of town and my parents really didn't want to bother with extra activities.

As for jogging, I hate jogging. But there is something about a good run that makes you feel good when you're done and helps clear your mind a bit. I wish SO BAD I had a tread mill so I could run everyday. Running on the road gets tricky for me. I hate finding the time, taking showers, having smelly clothes in my suitcase etc. Those could just be excuses, but I still hate it. I could see jogging becoming something I like more and more. I will always remember my jog on the beach with zac and ryan. It seems there might have been someone else there too, but I forget who. It was after dark and we all went for a run together. They are both experienced runners so it was a bit embarrassing for me, but they are so kind and awesome. I remember feeling cool and good about myself being out there with them that night. The waves crashing, people walking the beach, it was awesome.

No comments: