Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Try, try again

One good or bad thing about this fertility game is you don't have much time to think about how you feel cuz you're right at the beginning of a new cycle.  New cycle.  New Hope.  New Day.  

I went in this morning for an ultrasound to start the next cycle.  Everything looks great! She found 7 follicles on one side and 2 on the other.  That's pretty good for me.  Last month was 6 and 6.  August was 2 and 2 (not so good).  She said every month the numbers vary.  The body is amazing.  She saw my cyst and said she had a few when she was younger as well.  She told me they are actually genetic and inherited (which I didn't know).  Then she said, (without missing a beat and stated matter of factly) "When you have your daughter, make sure you get her tested when she's old enough".  "Um...I will", I said.  I'm not sure what she said after that cuz, um, WHAT?  Here we go....

I start my normal meds tonight to help produce as many eggs as we can.  We decided to get more aggressive with our treatment this round and we will be taking injectables to help the eggs grow as well.  Last month we only had 1 mature egg out of 12.  Injectables help with that.  The shots start on Friday.  

I have a head cold so I feel a bit out of it the past 2 days, and although I'm sad, I'm feeling my strength resurface as we move forward to this next round.  I told Drew I remember the first IUI we did 5 years ago and when that failed I almost didn't care about the next one.  I had no hope at all. And that one failed too.  I want to have Hope.  I want to believe that even though God didn't, God could this time.  I know that's possible.  I know His timing is perfect.  So one day at a time we move forward.  Believing.  

Day 1 - start of period
Day 3 - ultrasound to make sure everything looks ok.  Start meds. 
Day 6 - start injectables.
Day 10 - another ultrasound check up
Day 11-14 Possible HGC shot to start ovulation
Day 15ish - IUI
Day 16 - be tortured for 2 weeks.  

No comments: