Thursday, October 01, 2015

2 shots before bed

What a day!  I had my appointment this morning with the doctor and it went well!  The ultrasound tech found 2 mature follicles and 1 almost and 2 slower ones.  Meaning they want the most mature as possible and so they were trying to figure out when to have me ovulate.  Dr. B was in surgery so he wasn't able to say what he wanted.  They took blood work to check my levels and find out if I'm starting to ovulate, and then my favorite nurse Patti gave me a shot of meds to help mature the slow growing follicles.  I forgot how much those shots hurt.  The shot didn't hurt, but the burning wasn't fun.  Anyway, I made Patti give it to me and she decided my HCG shot should probably happen tonight. (this is what will make me ovulate) but she wanted to check my levels (blood work) first.

SO - Patti called me this afternoon and my levels were good!  So Drew just gave me the trigger HCG shot (I didn't even feel it!) and tomorrow we will go in at 10 for the procedure.  EEK!  We decided to do a second insemination on Saturday to up our chances so that one is on Saturday morning.  So please keep us in your prayers the next several days!

I will try to write more tomorrow.  :)

No comments: