Friday, October 02, 2015

Gots the Giggles


So, wow, what an amazing day!

It started off with us heading to the doctors office but before I even got in the car I looked down and saw this:



Which of course made me smile and feel a lot of Peace about the day.  

**Disclaimer: the rest of this blog post is about sperm and IUI and if you don't want to read that part just know it went well and we go again tomorrow! :) 


We arrived on time (which isn't my norm) and Drew's appointment went well.  Drew forgot his computer and my appointment was an hour after his so once he was done we drove to work to get his computer and then got back with time to spare for my appointment.  They called us back and took us right to the lab.  The technician was super nice and told us the numbers for the sperm count weren't as high as she had hoped for, but the mobility was awesome!  And then she asked us if we wanted to see them.  Um..WHAT? You mean like REALLY SEE THEM? Uh - ok.  So she let us look through a microscope and watch them swimming around!  Oh. My. Word.  All I can say is that God is AMAZING! I mean seriously, the fact that we can actually SEE something that small and then determine which ones are the BEST ones and use only those to try to impregnate me is sort of mind blowing.  The bottom line of the day was that 1/2 a million were good and that's what we used.  Now to put it in perspective for some, I asked her what a "normal" number is and she said 5 million.  We've never seen that number, BUT - we also know God is so good and PA-LEASE, half a million? Thats a lot.  PLUS we are going back tomorrow for another insemination, so there will actually be more than that.  The other part that we are really praying about is our eggs.  After talking with the Doctor she informed me that we really only had ONE good follicle and the rest were just ok.  They didn't do an ultrasound today though, so we really have no idea how many eggs were released.  So we are praying for many so the sperm have multiple chances to reach one.  This is all very exciting. 

So after seeing OUR sperm swimming (CRAZY!) we got prepared for the actual procedure.  We were all ready and then the doctor told Drew that once the catheter was in, he could actually push the syringe to put them in me!!! We were both like....  Whaaaaa???? We've done this procedure several years ago with another Doctors office and didn't get half the amazing attention we get here.  These guys really are great.  She had some trouble setting things up so I was feeling pretty uncomfortable, but when the time came she looked at Drew and he stood up and I felt an overwhelming emotion of LAUGHTER!  This has happened to me a few other times in my life, and it's like God's Spirit of Joy falls on me and I start laughing uncontrollably and don't know why.  So as he's coming over and getting ready to "release" them, he looks at me and makes a "look what I get to do" face and I almost can't stand it. I was laughing so hard I was crying.  I was obviously trying to hold still, but I couldn't stop laughing for at least 3 min after.  I had to apologize to the doctor cuz there was no reason I should be laughing but I just felt an overwhelming Joy in that moment.  It was crazy.  

So we had to wait about 15 min and then we could leave.  As we were leaving we discovered that this procedure might possibly be covered by our insurance!!!  I had NO idea and had planned on it being all out of pocket.  So we are praying that they cover even some of it, that is such a HUGE blessing!  We left feeling so blessed.   Oh and I of course got a reward for all that hard work, and once I got home I took some time to just take it easy and rest.   



Also: 

Yesterday when I went to get my ultrasound to see how many follicles we had the technician took some pics and one of them was of the cyst that I have.  I asked her if she could print that one out for me.  I'm not sure what God is saying, but once again, He is amazing. 



Tonight we have our family/friends the Bystroms here.  We were supposed to go camping this weekend but sometimes things just work out different.  They were super understanding and I'm super blessed that they decided to come hang with us for the weekend.  Tomorrow is another fun day in the life of the Smiths!  I will try to blog again soon.  Thank you for praying for us, it means the world to us.

2 comments:

lou said...

Yes God is amazing and so are you two

Laura said...

Praying Praying Praying! You and your precious family have been in my mind and heart for days. Praying Praying Praying!