Thursday, January 10, 2013

SIGH - something is GROWING!

It's been a few day since I've written.  I thought the 2 week wait until the first BETA (official) test was hard, but this is totally different.  During that time we had Christmas and family to hang out with. This 2 weeks between the official blood test and the ultrasound have been challenging!  I've received a few wonderful books from friends that are telling me exactly where I am in pregnancy, but no matter how many times I read it, week 5 is still week 5 and until 7 days go buy, it's still week 5!!!!

I've been doing pretty good over all.  The last few days I've felt pretty "normal" which had caused me to freak out a little.  I have NO reason to freak out, but I've been sore since the retrieval and feeling normal just seems like it wasn't...well...normal.  So I had a blood test this morning even though I didn't really need one. But it helped break up the 2 weeks before my ultrasound. I'm glad I did it.  I went on a website last night and read how some women can have a false positive that is just chemical.  I knew that was possible, but to read it just made me nervous again. So I was thankful to just talk to the nurse today.  She called me in the late afternoon with the results.  My BETA number is 23,593!!! She told me this was a very good number and that things are growing wonderfully!  It made me feel so good to hear her say things are well.  She also told me that chemical positives are possible, but usually they become more aware of those when the numbers are small and not growing.  But she said I absolutely do not need to worry about that.  And that if I had anything to be concerned about she would tell me for sure.  They like patients to be aware of all possibilities if something seems off.  But she said everything with my case is going great. DEEP BREATH...and release.

All is well.

Tomorrow we are at 6 Weeks!!!! We are 1/2 way through the first trimester.  So strange. I guess I should start believing this is happening soon.  :)

I told Drew this morning that nothing is different yet and he started laughing.  He said first of all I'm drinking orange juice like crazy and we never have orange juice in the house.  That was sort of true. But I can't drink coffee really (and it secretly doesn't taste that good to me HOLY CRAPPERS WHATS GOING ON?), so orange juice just sounds so amazing.  Secondly he said I'm emotional, and I'm really happy lately. I wasn't sure why THAT is different, but that's what he said.  He also said I'm overly tired, which is true.

So here we go week 6.  One more week and we get to hear a few heartbeats. Then it will be real. For. Sure.

Thank you to everyone who is still reading and praying for me. You have no idea how much Peace I'm feeling and I believe it's because of your love and prayers that God is blessing.  Love you all! I will probably blog again tomorrow as there are a few things I want to share about my journey.  Until then...

2 comments:

SouleSista said...

maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know what the "heart" on your ultrasound meant (other than that God is in there). Can you share the background info on that?

Rhonda Habitz said...

Thanks for sharing! Praying and will continue to do so throughout your pregnancy!