Sunday, January 13, 2013

Everything smells bad

Week 6 day 1 ....and I didn't feel the best today. I slept in a bit and didn't shower so that always makes me feel yucky to begin with. We decided to take out Christmas stuff down today which ended up being a feat since I got tired every 5 seconds.  Needless to say I have the best husband who did a TON of work today while I tried to help here and there.  5 days till ultrasound!  I'm praying in baby steps meaning this week my goal is to get to Friday. Every time I feel a bit strange in my belly I sit down and pray. Today I prayed because something didn't feel right.  Then I pooped.  HA! Maybe that was an answer to prayer, but I'm analyzing every little anything that happens down there. I guess that's normal - so they say.

This week the embryo doesn't look much like an embryo anymore! This week it will be the size of a lima bean and grow flippers for future legs and arms. It begins to have holes for ears as well as the heart starts beating. It's really hard to believe that is happening inside of me. But it's true, so I'm continuing to pray through the process that each part of their body is created perfectly in the image of God.

I've been super tired this weekend. I've resolved to believe that I crave orange juice, even though it seems strange to admit to craving anything. Also today everything stank. Our hallway smelled of smoke (our neighbor smokes), our closet smelled like I don't even know what and certain foods just made me want to throw up.  Oh man, super spidey smelling senses isn't normal for sure.

I went to a ninja birthday party on Friday for Ryan and Laura's little Elijah.  Aunt Nancy & Mandy made these:


I was SO thankful to have a little sushi..even if it was fake. mmmmmm sushi.....

So life has been moving at a slow pace. I'm enjoying the slow pace as I'm beginning to realize this is the last season of my life I might feel this, at least for awhile. But there's so much good in each season.  I'm so thankful for each of them. But I still want Friday to come faster. :)  Now back to drinking 100 more of these....



No comments: