Friday, July 01, 2005

birthday wishes..

I was greeted last night at 12:01 with a misunderstanding between myself and another friend and I thought, is this what my birthday holds for me? So I fall to sleep hoping it would get better. I had already known that Laura, Eden and Matt would not be traveling with us, and that my whole birthday would be spent traveling the 12 hours home in the bus. So, i wasn't really expecting much to be honest. It is no ones fault, there is just only so much people can do on the bus for that long.

I woke up at 7am as Laura gave me a kiss goodbye and wished me a happy day. Matt was also happy to be getting off the bus, and wished me happiness as he left. It made me smile back into dreaming. I woke up when the bus started moving again and went to the front of the bus to see Ryan driving. He was tired, and i thought it was Tony's turn, but he said no one was awake and so he just started driving. ugh. I tried to keep him awake, ha ha, and finally convinced him to pull over and wake up Tony. Back to sleep for me. Then i awoke from a disturbing dream. As i tried to shake it off I fell asleep again. Once more I woke with a not happy dream. And then a third time. By the time that one came, i decided I had better just stay awake. I walked out and Drew was awake smiling at me. the best present i could ask for.

Drew and I watched about 4 episodes of America's Top Model on VH1 and then it was his turn to drive. But as we were sitting there, I kept missing call after call from people wishing me Happy Birthday. I think i got at least 6 or 7 songs, and 10-15 messages, and I began to be amazed. Who in the world takes the time to call ME on my birthday?? I am loved.

It is amazing to me how I could feel like this birth-day wont be that fun, or mean that much because we are on the road, and then be proved wrong by all the people that love me. I also know that I started getting birthday blessings last week and they will continue throughout next week. As for today I was blessed by the songs, even just the thoughts of me. I joke around about my birthday letting everyone know it is coming, and telling them what i want etc. but truthfully, i am just happy to be alive. And the REAL truth is that i get spoiled all the time by my friends, my family, and especially drew and this makes my birthday not seem so special. I mean, it is, but I am constantly blessed. I minister to people for a living, I get to go to Colorado this month-and every year, I was on the east coast Atlantic for 2 weeks! I caught fire flies with drew the night before we left for this trip, which was SO much fun and something I will never forget, and the list goes on and on. I AM BLESSED.

So thank you for going through the pain mom. I am glad I am here, and I am glad that God has put so many people in my life who love me everyday. I have heard it said that Mary the mother of Christ was the most blessed among women, but I am not so sure...cuz I sure feel like it is me.

3 comments:

my alter ego said...

meh- you're ok, i guess


*wink*

Anonymous said...

ah man...I wish I would've read this sooner. Then I wouldn't have been so far behind on the Birthday Wishing.

I love you...Happy Belated.

Johanna

tomirose said...

me as well. happy belated birthday, love.