Saturday, May 12, 2018

Healing up and Mother's Day thoughts.

Happy Mothers day! But first this:

Hey everyone.  It's a cold, dark and rainy day today here in Shelby Township.  It's a good day to rest up.  Yesterday went well.  I had an 8am appointment with a laser acupuncturist and it was pretty cool! The idea is there is energy running through our bodies and in certain areas it tends to "pool" or get stuck.  Stress does this as well as poor eating, environment etc. The needles or lasers act as a bridge and release this energy which can also cause better blood flow to the uterus.  It's also relaxing so that's good.  I've never done acupuncture before so it was nice to see how it works as well as get to know Rhonda.  She got married later in life and wanted a family so she got pregnant when she was 43.  So it was nice to be with someone who actually believed it was possible for me.  She also told me about a school her son goes to and it sounds perfect for Asher.  That's another year down the road, but it was great to have the connection.

After I was done, Drew was also done with his appointment so we had about an hour or so to go get breakfast.  We found a cool diner not far and really enjoyed having breakfast together.  It's not very often we can do that together so that was nice.  Back to the office we go for the IUI.  The nurse was a nurse who I'd met and talked with on Saturday so it was nice to see a familiar face. She is very kind. She told us the sperm count and mobility was better than we expected so that was great! After the procedure (which doesn't hurt at all) I laid there for about 10 minutes and then we went home.

The rest of the day I spent laying in bed. It was nice to have the time to just lay in bed.  Theoretically, with an IUI once the sperm are in, you can live your life however you want. They say don't exercise for the day, but after that we can continue on with life as normal. But I have been feeling really run down and my body is tired and sore.  So I'm thankful I have to option to rest. My awesome mother-in-law Lou came to help out and that has been a HUGE blessing.  She bought me flowers, brings me food, but most of all she is keeping things running around here.  Right now she's with Asher running around town and I'm sure they are both having a blast.  Again, making it possible for me to rest and for Drew to get some writing done.

So what's next? Yeah, this is the long boring part.  So after this weekend I have an appointment on Wednesday and will start my progesterone and then we wait. Implantation could happen anytime after Monday and we could know if all of this craziness worked in about 2 weeks or so.  So I guess we hope and pray and wait and believe.  I know God has an amazing plan for our family.  I don't know what it is but I'm believing He has our best in mind. And that's good enough for me. 

Today is also a sad day as it's the funeral in Georgia and memorial in Michigan for my friend Shannon who past away last week.  Her husband had to be alone a few days ago on their anniversary as well.  What an extremely hard situation.  I'm continuing to pray for them as well as remember all that Shannon stood for.  She stood up for the underdog.  She was fierce! When something wasn't right she would demand justice.  She was one of the people who kept a lot of our friendships together and would call out the "let's meet guys".  She will be deeply missed by so many people.  May God bless her family and may she be living in glorious radiance. 

Mothers Day... both tender and painful. It's such a strange feeling to be happy and sad at the same time.  I'm reminded of Inside Out when Joy has do discover that Sadness is really necessary and needed to have TRUE joy. So they walk hand in hand throughout life's ups and downs.  I miss my mom and the many Mothers Day's without her.  I'm thankful for my other mom's, especially Sweet Lou and my friend Rhonda. They always know what to say to ease my heart and guide my life. My heart hurts for my many friends who have not experienced growing their own family yet. I know that hurt. I know how badly I used to hate Mother's Day. It wasn't something to be celebrated. It was difficult and painful. It's still like that sometimes, but I know it's like that for a lot of women. We are all mother's really. Each of us birth dreams. Each of us nurture our relationships. Each of us sow into our work and reap rewards.  So here's to all of us women great and small. We are awesome.

No comments: