Saturday, March 24, 2018

I can see the waves

Remember that Moses story I talked about earlier? Yeah, remember how it only got more exciting the more crazy it got? Man, that makes for an amazing story, doesn't it? But I have to admit, it sure feels different when it's you standing on that shore.

What a week.

This past week was not very fun.  Every doctor involved didn't pass on information.  They all told me they would do this 2 weeks ago, but...nope.  So I called the fertility doc to verify that everything was coming in and found out nothing had come yet.  So I called my primary, my obgyn as well as my insurance to get things going again.  All of that sounds like it's not a big deal, but it took forever.  One office was always at lunch or not answering the phone, and the other one told me I would have to call back this week to see if the doctor has read the results.  THEN they would fax them over.  Seriously....... tick...tock...tick...tock...

We worked on getting a loan this week to cover some of our expenses.  The loan officer put in my birthdate wrong (as well as my phone number) and so they were requiring me to find my birth certificate and fax it in so they could take a few more business days to verify that I am who I am.  I told them no.  LOL.  I was at my limit and I said I wasn't going to do that.  So they made an exception, however, they still are taking a few more days to look it over.   tick...tock...tick...tock....

Our next appointment is Tuesday. We have our trial transfer as well as blood work and if everything looks ok then we will start stim shots on Thursday. However, I don't have meds yet.

I got a call from 2 companies with bids for me a few weeks ago. So I called them last Wednesday to order but I wanted to know what the individual prices were from one of the companies.  The person I was talking with said it was showing up that we should run it through our insurance plan again.  I told her they already did that a few weeks ago and not much was covered, but she insisted we take another day to do it so I said fine.  This was going to take 24 hours.  I don't know why I thought fertility pharmacies were open 24 hours a day 7 days a week, but guess what? They are not. So yesterday I called them to confirm that the prices were indeed the same as they were before and yup, my insurance didn't pay for it (which I didn't expect but it wasted a day).  Then I had to go get Buster our dog from the vet.  I was thinking when I got home I would call and order meds, but I quickly found out the pharmacy was closed.  I was supposed to have the meds to the office by Monday at the latest. UGH.  It won't screw anything up I don't think. Our appointment isn't until Tuesday so they can still overnight them.  tick...tock...tick...tock...

Boy do I see those waves coming.  And I for sure feel the ground moving from the enemy pushing up against us.  We continue to pray through all that is happening. It's really hard to trust Him.  I'm not going to lie. I don't see how it's all going to work out.  When I look at the bottom line, it's a joke.  There are so many things happening in our lives that need attention.  Sometimes I think we should stop the entire process, but then I wonder if in 5 years I will regret that.  If I'm honest, a part of me thinks life would be fine the way it is. But that is not what God told us our future looks like.  So we press on, we press IN to Him. 

As we start this week, my prayer is that God will bring peace. Like SERIOUS Peace.  I would pray that if this is still what His will is, that He would part that sea. And if not, that He would pick us up on the boat and take us to where He would have us go.  But for now, we keep moving forward. One step, then the next.  And we continue praying that God is faithful as we know He is. 

Thank you joining us in prayer on this crazy crazy journey! We love you so. 

Monday: Kat gets a massage (PRAISE GOD!)
Tuesday: Trial Transfer and bloodwork
Wednesday: Work, rest
Thursday: Ultra sound and start shots
Friday: Repeat shots and remember that dead things aren't really dead in God's Kingdom.



No comments: