Sunday, March 26, 2006

Johanna B

I am sitting here (as my usual blog time, sunday driving home from a show) and watching Johanna sit in the shadows and work on her computer at the table and I am reminded of how blessed we are. I don't usually single people out to blog about, especially knowing all of you (and her) read this, BUT i just feel the need to express.

Something looks different. As i look at her, I see, a woman. An independent woman sits with confidence and gesture. She is beginning to understand who she is and why she is, and in that reflection shows me who I am. I see provision on her as she sits and types. Often I find her sitting curled up just looking at the world passing us by. As the rest of us pull the blinders down not to notice. beauty missed. We don't have time to enjoy sunsets and passing travelers. But not Johanna, she SEEs life out of eyes filled with beauty. She is hard on herself, but that is because her heart longs to be closer to Him. He has called her to such greatness, to which she has overly proven that seat. He smiles. and watches her dance. for Him.

Her stage presence was different this weekend. She walked with firm feet. She stood tall like the trees of Lebanon. She smiled. And was a bit feisty. Which i liked.

I said the other day that i wanted Hanna's laugh as my "you've got mail" sound. I told Drew that no matter what kind of mood i am in, her laugh WILL make me smile. i think he is now trying to figure out how to make this recording happen ;).

I think beauty is rare in a way. I mean, it IS all around us, lying unnoticed. but when beauty is discovered by beauty....i think this would happen more often if I would remember to keep the shades up.

so....just know Johanna, we are so blessed to have you with us.

I am blessed to jump in the ocean with you

and take walks & talks.

I am blessed to eat with you

and hear your laugh.

I am blessed by your sweet beckoning spirit that reminds me to look deep & keep learning.

I am blessed to watch you love on others,

and be loved.

I am blessed to call you friend.

Hanging with you is like eating superman ice cream with bubble gum pieces.

<3 kat

3 comments:

tomirose said...

I've been by here several times, wanting to say something...something that would convey the emotion this entry stirred.
All I can say is thank you for the love and friendship you've poured into this dear girl.

Much love.

The Human Zoo said...

ummm...guess who shed a little tear?

okay so a few little tears...i lied.

very humbling, and encouraging...i love you kath :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»