Saturday, February 24, 2018

One step at a time...

I felt I should update everyone especially as we are moving closer to making a decision for our family.  Drew and I met with our new doctor a few weeks ago and it was very emotional.  We met in our old doctors office and although the new doctor was kind, the office was still full of Dr. B's memories.  Carol (the new doctor) was very kind and we felt comfortable with her. She expressed concern for my '45 years young' age, which she stated many times. She showed us charts where my age wasn't even on it. She expressed our best plan in her opinion to reach our goal of children. Her plan involved an egg donor and/or embryo adoption.  It was very hard to hear much of what she said. I left feeling discouraged and wondering what we are doing there.  But Dr. Carol wanted to do an initial write up and see where we stand at that time.  So the last 2 weeks have involved blood work, tests and ultrasounds.  We went in last Thursday to talk over our results but quickly realized we had the appointment time wrong and we couldn't reschedule for that day.  So we are re-scheduled for this Tuesday.

We keep praying over this decision and asking God what we should do.  It feels very challenging and it's been hard to not be discouraged.  The ultrasound and blood work seemed to be ok with no issues.  Everything looks the same as it did 5 years ago.  So I have a feeling that our Tuesday appointment will be fact based that everything looks ok and we would need to just decide if we want to do it or not. If we decide this next cycle (march) then we will have to prepare right away with meds etc. We will see how Tuesday goes.

We sure do appreciate your prayers.  My emotions have been all over the place with wanting to enlarge our family and feeling very tired of the battle to do so. I have found myself feeling sad many days and just plain tired. So I am looking forward to making some decisions and moving forward no matter what that means.

We know God has a plan and we are excited to see what He does this year! Thank you again for your prayers and we will be updating again soon!


Kat

No comments: