Tuesday, April 30, 2013

22 is my favorite

I've always liked the number 22.  I really don't know why, but I can't tell you how thankful and wonderful it is to be moving into our 22nd week of pregnancy! The last week or so I've felt so hormonal.  I don't know if it's the weather, my tooth or just my new "normal" but I cry pretty much at anything.  I completely feel blessed and don't really have a reason to cry, but I cry anyway. I felt the baby move while I was at work last week and I pushed on my belly where I felt it and it moved again. Like he responded to me.  :)  I cried.  
me & my little bro


Kelly came for a visit!!!! YAY!  It was too short, but with our schedules I'm thankful for every minute I get with him. I didn't really have anything planned to do, so we just hung out, went to market, shopped around and played some video games.  (Press Your Luck - and yes, I beat him twice) 


I miss my brother a lot.  I miss all my sibs a lot.  I wish we all lived closer.  I wish we could be in each others lives daily.  I know sometimes it doesn't work out that way.  Maybe someday, but for now the stupid miles keep us from seeing one another.
 


I hugged Kelly tight before he got on that train back to Chicago. Then I sat and cried in the car for at least 30 minutes after the train left. 


Drew waited and then asked me if I was ok, and if I wanted Sonic. He's a good guy that Drew. And yes, I was ok, and I did want a Sonic Cranberry Lime-aid.  And I wish I had one right now too. 

Tonight I had dinner with great friends who have walked the infertility road with us for some time.  Nate and Kat are such wonderful friends and it was good to catch up with them.  They love the Lord and long to do what He says.  It's always encouraging to spend time with them and hear what God is doing. Their relationship is special to me because both Kat and I were trying to get pregnant at the same time.  She got pregnant 11 weeks before me. 

the pregnant kats

It's been a blessing for me to have her go first. I've been able to text her many times asking if things are normal or if I'm crazy.  And many times she tells me she felt that same thing and even worse when she was at my stage and everything is fine.  She's been a peace giver to my heart and I'm so thankful.  It's a miracle to see us both in this stage at the same time.  Something I could've never imagined, but that's what God loves to do, turn our wildest dreams into His reality. 

So as May approaches things are well in the Smith house.  My tooth isn't hurting as bad and I'm praying it will be healed, but I still have my appointment at the end of May.  Drew has been trying to adjust to grad school with lots and lots of reading as well as working full time.  He leaves next week for New York for 5 days for schooling.  He will be missed. I miss him already.  I know, cheesy, but I really do like spending time with him. I'm thankful I have a friend coming to stay with me and she said she would cook a bit. I'm SO thankful for that otherwise I would probably be eating cereal all week.  Which the baby would love btw.  :)  

This weeks goal = exercise.  I did it yesterday and thought I might pass out.  I wasn't even doing it all and it was a prenatal tone & stretch video. It wasn't hard and the fact that I was out of breath and sweaty at the end made me realize that yeah, I need to do this more often.  So, that's my goal.  

That's what's going on in Smith world...hope your world is going well too.  

2 comments:

SouleSista said...

I love your updates :)

Kat Smith said...

you are my number one fan. haha!