Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A perfect beat

Today we went for our second appointment with our new doctor.  I was a bit nervous for several reasons.  The first is that I had to tell the dr. that the nurse was rude to me this week when I was trying to get a prescription. The second reason was that little fear that something might be wrong.  I guess that's the part of me that still feels like I can't believe God would give me this gift.  It really is unbelievable to me.  The dr. really didn't say anything about her nurse except that I should never feel rushed or feel like I can't ask a question or ask for something that I need.  She said she would remind her to take time with the patients.  But honestly, I didn't feel like my dr. was that concerned about it.  I've realized the office I picked is all business.  My dr. has been delivering babies for a long time and she is very straight forward about how she feels about birthing and delivery.  I have full confidence in her as a dr. and I know everything will be fine. I explained the pains I've been having and she said that was normal as things are stretching etc.  She said the ovary pain I was feeling could've been a cyst that grew early in pregnancy and then burst. She said that was normal.  She seemed a bit rushed today too.  It kinda aggravates me but not enough to actually start over with a new dr.  It seems like a lot of work to start over.  idk.  I don't hate my dr. I think she's very smart and knows what she's doing for sure. She just doesn't...baby me.  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......

She found the heartbeat right away. :)  She said the baby is growing so it's a stronger beat. She said it was perfect. It was beating at 147 and it sounded heavenly. I wish there was a way to lay there for several minutes but it seems at these appointments they find it and listen for about 20 seconds and then it's over. Just like that.  Hardly time to cry.

So I found myself an app. (well actually Laura found it)  It's a stethoscope app that you can use with headphones. I used it with my speakers at home. It basically acts just like a stethoscope and you press the microphone into your skin and you can hear your babys heartbeat. I've tried it a few times but haven't heard it yet.  The lady in the video was at 24 weeks though.  I'm only 15, so...there's that.  But I'm gonna keep trying!

4 more weeks and we find out boy or girl.  So we've picked some names just in case it goes either way.  Kelly, Tomi, Joe, Leigh, Drew...well, I will leave it at that. Until then I'm going to try to start writing in my baby journal.  Another hurdle I have yet to conquer.  Soon though....

So that's the report for today. I'm thankful for a good appointment this morning. I wasn't feeling well last night.  I got home from work and was so frustrated because I had to lay down.  I felt like I was being hollowed out down there.  It was achy and made my stomach upset.  I was better this morning and then this afternoon it felt bruised again. I know it's the round ligament stuff, and it's ok, but it does get tiring.

Speaking of that, I'm off to bed.  Kind of a boring post, but wanted to let everyone know things are going better than great. :)

Blessed.

1 comment:

Machelle said...

So glad to read things are going well! I've had that fear throughout my whole pregnancy...like it was unbelievable that I was pregnant and had a healthy baby growing inside me :) It's such a fun journey! Did you get an ultrasound yet? I had one at 12 weeks to check for downs and all that and it was so cool seeing a little baby kick and twirl in there..and I didn't even feel it yet lol. Not sure if you knew but they sell handheld dopplers. They're just cute little things you can put on your belly and hear the heartbeat quite well...it was definitely a comfort to me getting to hear his heartbeat anytime I wanted :) God bless!!