Thursday, November 29, 2012

not yet....

In 12 years (or really my whole life) I've never wanted my period to start like I do right now.  My last pill was on tuesday so ..... any...minute now....

Once it starts I'm supposed to call the dr. and make an appointment for an ultrasound.  That's when they discover how many follicles I have this month.  I'm praying for many.  They are naturally formed each month in varying numbers. Last month I had 13, so I'm hoping for good numbers!  No new news in fertility world.

We DID get our truck today.  It's been quite a story. We bought a Jeep Commander (used) and the engine light came on while we were driving it home. SO--it went to our shop, then back to the dealer, then one engine replacement (and month) later we picked it up. This was today. I was so excited to finally have my 'new' truck. When we got to work coolant was pouring out the bottom.  Our friend Mark looked at it and said he thinks a clamp was loose. So back to my shop it went.  As I was driving it with the check engine light and classical music blaring, I reminded myself how lucky we are.  I mean, yes, things have been challenging lately and I'm feeling pretty stressed, but we are safe. We have food. We are healthy (except my mystery tooth pain) and we are SO very loved. I have nothing to complain about. I am most blessed.

OH! ok, I will share one funny story of the day. Drew and I have been buying farm fresh eggs from some friends at church who have chickens. They are SO good.  Today the Mr. wrote me on facebook and asked, "Hey Kat! How's it going? Just wondering if you need more eggs?".  When I get a message it shows up on my phone and I can only see so much of it so that's all I saw.  I thought..."um....how did he know we were doing fertility treatments? And WHY oh WHY would HE ask me if I needed more eggs? Does he want to give me some? Or does he want MINE?"  Needless to say for about 10 seconds I was very, very confused. But after realizing he just wanted to sell me some chicken eggs, I had to laugh.  bawk! bawk!


No comments: