Wednesday, November 28, 2012

twothurty

What a day.

So many blessings and a few bouts of stress.  I woke up last night around 3 am sweating and my mouth was throbbing.  In October I had a root canal on one of my back teeth.  I will spare you the details but I had to go back 3 times for them to make sure they got it all.  It was bad. But when I left things seemed to be fixed.  Last night that tooth started hurting.  So I woke up exhausted and frustrated. I don't have time or money to fix this tooth. Nor do I want to deal with this 3 days before I start taking medication for treatments. And I'm not even sure I CAN take medication or get my tooth fixed or get x-rays.  I went to work feeling tired and a good friend of mine asked me how my morning was going.  I wanted to cry right in front of her.  Suzanne encouraged me to go to the dentist to at least get an x-ray because without that we don't have any information, we are just guessing.  I was nervous. But she was right. I called and they got me in at 11.  After they took the x-ray I sat in the chair listening to the nurses say things like, "see that?" "oh yeah, wow, ok".  And I just looked straight ahead. I was left a lone for a minute and I just looked up and confessed out loud, "God, I need you.  I can't do this alone. I don't want to do this again. I need to focus on other things. Please God".

The dentist is an older man who wears a magnifying glass on his eye glasses. Today he was smiling and I appreciated that. He looked at the x-ray then tapped on my tooth. He asked me if I clinch my teeth at night. I said yes and that I have a night guard but don't wear it often.  He told me my x-ray today looks the same as the last time I came. He believes I'm clinching my teeth at night and it's causing my gums to hurt. He prescribed me a z-pack and told me to wear my night guard.  I told him I'm nervous because we are starting treatments soon.  He told me he can work on my teeth even if I'm doing treatment but that he wouldn't have to.  Then he smiled and wished me luck.

I left Praising God SO MUCH for what he did for me. My tooth still hurts but I'm on the z-pack even though I don't like it.  I called my nurse Patti today to ask her if it was ok to take the meds and she said I will actually take them during retrieval too so it was fine for now. I don't know if this z-pack will help me, but maybe it will clear my sinuses. Nurse Patti is very positive and kind.  She said, "I guess I will talk to you in a few days!".  It makes me feel excited. :)

My fertility medication arrived today! I had to have it shipped to my friend Jen's house who was more than a bit nervous to watch over my box till I got there.  She did great. ;)


I got home and ignored the box till after dinner. A lady called me earlier today to tell me I could call her and she would go through the box with me.  I thought that was a little weird until I opened it.  After removing loads of bubble wrap (the best part of the box I might add) I saw a boxes and bags. None of them making sense. I called my point lady, Mary.  She was driving but instructed us to put all the meds in a pile and everything else (needles etc) in another pile. Then she had us read them to her and she explained what they were and when we would take them.  It was EXTREMELY helpful.

I also talked to Naz (yes) who is giving our truck a new engine.  Still feel stress about that and not sure how that's going to end, but supposedly it will be fixed by tomorrow. We will see. Oh, and I don't think he called me baby today, but I'm really not sure.

Over all I was stressed and wanting to cry most of the day. Probably partly because I'm pms-ing and partly because I do feel a lot of stress. Tomorrow is a new day. Another day of waiting. One more thing checked off the list. I just need to calm down and keep breathing.

Hoping to sleep tonight.


No comments: