Monday, February 25, 2013

I find myself happy

I just found myself moving in my chair to the sounds of jazz music that my husband had playing in the background. I didn't realize I was doing that and it hit me all of a sudden, I'm happy.

I've been happy for a long time, but a friend of mine gave me a card a few weeks ago that said "she never realized how perfect she felt until now".  And it's so true. To know there is a little one growing just inches from my heart is the most amazing indescribable feeling. I learned that this week it is moving and if I push hard enough the baby would respond to that. It also is learning to suck. Just thinking about a little 2 inch lime sized baby sucking is amazing to me.

I've been doing well, feeling well. I'm working a lot right now so I have to be careful with my free time as I feel very tired most of the time.  This post will be short because of that.  I just got home (at 10pm) from work, dinner and grocery shopping. Drew is amazing. He's putting all the groceries away and picking things up before he goes to bed. He told me to go to bed, so naturally I listened but thought I would blog for a min first. ;)

I just discovered that family is coming in March. I'm so excited about that! Kelly is coming at some point, not sure when, and Kari and family are coming for Easter. I'm so thankful that they are willing to come to me. I miss all of them so much.

I went out in the snow storm last friday morning to find myself some pants that I could wear to work. I've decided I need to feel comfy and my other pants aren't doing it. So, I found ONE pair. But I guess that's better than nothing.  I have several jeans my friend gave me, but I really needed dress pants. That's what I wear everyday so I have to feel comfy at work.  So with that purchase that brings me to 3 pairs. :)  Happy me.  I was overwhelmed with love from a friend that I haven't seen in over 10 years. Her and her husband support our ministry (the only people who have faithfully given every year since the beginning of our ministry. AMAZING!) and I sent a letter recently sharing what's happening in our lives. She sent me a great letter back sharing with me stories about her children (now VERY big and practically out of the house) and how faithful God has been for her and her family. She also gave me a generous gift so I could go get something nice for myself. Little did she know that I needed dress pants so bad and the day I had a meltdown about feeling "fat" that letter came. God is so kind to me.

There is more I could say as people have been pouring themselves out with joy and prayers for us, but I have to go to bed. I'm so very tired and we are up early for work tomorrow. Thank you all for continuing to pray for me and the baby. I know that it is why this baby is growing so well and feeling so much love. I'm so blessed.

Good night for now....

xoxo

kat

3 comments:

sharon said...

kathlene:

may i say that i am thrilled for you & for drew! i have been following your story for a bit over the years. i knew drew from the relevant boards way back when (username was "sha"). i even met y'all (southernism) way back many years ago when you came to raleigh, nc to do a show with onetimeblind.

at any rate, i have lost touch with drew over the years but i have kept up with your blog on occasion because i was drawn to see God work in your lives, even in the midst of hardship.

i won't get into my long & detailed story, but in short my husband was diagnosed with leukemia 11 months into our marriage; he has been in remission now just about 4.5 years; he completed his doctorate during that time & recently graduated & took a teaching position with an area university; & we are finally in a place where we can try for children. however, i'm older & trying for a first-time pregnancy is not favorably slated per the statistics & the doctors.

& so in the midst of that, i have wondered much about hope & reality & how God uses that in our lives to reach us. your story has been wonderful to follow in the ups, downs, joys & sorrows.

thanks for sharing your story & giving hope to others along the way. i am glad to hear of your pregnancy achievement & the burgeoning new life & i wish you Godspeed on the journey!

many prayers from a not-stalker-lady, i promise. i can't wait to see this journey unfold. God is so good.

SouleSista said...

so happy that you're happy :D

Anna said...

Ack, she stole mine; but I'm going to say it anyway.

I'm happy that you're happy :)