Monday, August 14, 2006

these lines on my face

The other day Eden walked into the room and she had taken a friends lipstick and "put it on". The putting on however was all over her face. Not just her lips, but she also covered a portion of her cheeks! We can laugh at that because we know Eden is so cute and that lipstick is washable. With one trip to the sink, she will look brand new, wiped up, clean. Not so with these lines on my face.

It seems God keeps moving me into places where decisions not only have to be made, but made quick with the trust that HE is the one making them. I don't have time to weigh out the rights and wrongs or the goods and bads of everything in my life. I wonder if He is moving into these quick decisions because He knows I might not ever make a decision otherwise. Who knows. I don't really like it though, my face shows it. Lines. tears. frowns. my pillow gets frightened when I come to bed for fear of ending up wet. Yet, I know good things will come from these places God is moving me into. Not just good things for me, but for everyone.

Life is hard.

sigh.

someone wrote to me today and gave me great advise. He said:

Trust in His strength, not in your lack of it.

1 comment:

tomirose said...

Whew, I thought you were gonna say that Eden pointed out the lines on your face...

I think you are beautiful, and if I were your pillow I wouldn't be afraid, but honored to be the one collecting your tears to store in a beautiful bottle.