Sunday, June 09, 2013

every moment

I'm reading the book one thousand gifts by Ann Voskamp.  It's a book about one woman's journey to thankfulness and how this one thing helps her heal and basically changes her life.  It's not my favorite type of writing.  I find it hard to get through some of the ways that she describes things, but there are good points that she brings up. Today I was reading a chapter where she was talking about how we are all in a rush all the time trying to get more time.  But the secret to getting more time isn't rushing, it's slowing down.  This way we can recognize what God has given us now, in this moment, and we wont miss anything.  I thought this was a good reminder to me to enjoy every moment of my life right now. To stop and slow down.  I've had a pretty open schedule overall anyway, but I want to enjoy every moment.  As I think that is what God intended for us. For me.

Little babe got his first hiccups this week.  They came on lunch break at work on Tuesday.  I remember thinking this kid has good rhythm and then it hit me..hiccups. Drew was there to feel them and as he was amazed by it I looked up and he had tears in his eyes.  Then I did too.  God is amazing how he creates such Joy within me.  Living Joy flowing out with every kick, every movement, every hiccup.  Many times at work I stop and close my eyes and just enjoy his movement.  It's something I never even thought about mourning in my years past.  And here is this miracle movement inside of me reminding me at 4am that he is here, growing and happy.

We had our first birthing class this week.  There is a woman who goes to our church and loves to teach birthing classes.  She's been a nurse for over 35 years and has witnessed over 1,000 births.  She approached us asking if we wanted to meet with her sometime for a session. We have good friends that are due in a week or so and they were going to meet with her soon so they let us sit in on their private session. It was AWESOME!  I felt so great knowing that we could ask any question as she taught us step by step what happens from the moment you think you are in labor.  She spoke of peace and relaxation and she made me feel like I could do this.  I know labor could be hard (she also said it's NOT hard for all women - she was one of them) but I also know that trying to stay calm, relaxed and peaceful seems like an important part.  We got to watch a few births on video and honestly they weren't as bad as I thought they would be.  I've never seen a birth and I thought it would be totally disgusting.  I'm sure some are.  I'm sure there will be goop and blood and lots of other things.  But I appreciated the way she explained everything and how things work.  It was a great meeting and I felt more confident after I left.  So thankful for Vicki.

I tried cooking again this week. I cooked several things.  Most of them ended up getting burned, others just didn't turn out. I said I would never blame things on pregnancy, but it's been a proven fact that women lose brain cells or something when pregnant. I honestly think pregnancy has made me a bad cook. Ask Drew. He will confirm.  So, I think I'm giving up on the whole cooking thing and I'm looking for other alternatives.  Poor Drew. I really do feel bad for him.  But he's a good sport and honestly doesn't care that much.  But I have to figure out a way to get healthy yummy food into our home.

27 weeks.  That's where we are.  Feeling good and feeling like I'm growing all the time.  Drew tells me I have a disorder where I think I'm bigger than I am.  When I look at myself in the mirror I feel HUGE but he assures me that I don't look that way.  I hope he's not lying.  But even if he is, he's a good husband.  ;-)

I go back to the dr. on Monday.  This appointment is for the glucose test. I have to drink a small bottle of sugar water before I go to the dr. to determine if my body creates enough insulin during this part of the pregnancy.  I've been a little bloated this past week so I'm hoping that's not a bad sign.  I do think my feet a getting a touch bigger.  Either way, I know God will help me do what I have to do.  But I'm praying for perfect health.  Getting a tooth pulled was horrible enough so I'm hoping that's all issues I have. I'm not sure what else they will do besides hear the baby's heartbeat, take my weight and blood and see if I have any questions. It should be good!

I hope to make another update after my appointment.  Going to the Loon's game on Monday so it wont be till later in the week.  I'm thankful for all of you that love me so.  God is so good.

27 weeks and growing! 

1 comment:

Anna said...

I think every pregnant woman probably feels huge, but I think you're adorable :)