Saturday, January 07, 2012

Happy 2012!!!

Yes, here we are! The year of 2012.  I have a feeling lots of amazing things are going to happen this year.  That word amazing can mean many many things.  Sometimes I think in my head that I know what that is going to be.  But in the end, it IS amazing, just in a different way.  The most amazing way to end a year is the same as the most amazing way to begin one, with God's Peace.   A Peace that passes ALL understanding.  I don't get it.  I really don't.   I mean, I don't understand it...Graciously, I DO get it. I don't know why God would protect me from paths that I shouldn't go down yet. But He does.  I don't know why the moment I stop and notice Him that He kisses me.  And that kiss...it lasts.... it makes it ok when I don't understand.

2012

I so want to do so much this year.  The first is the same as it always is.  Find Balance.  I want to grow closer to God.  I want to be better, learn more, cook more, craft more, just enjoy life...more.  I think God smiles when we actually enjoy the life that He has given us.  For each of us that's different.  For some, it's cooking.  Cooking every day.  For others its running.  Running every day.  For others its breathing in the fresh air that leaves give us on an afternoon walk through the ever changing woods.  Oh, how I love al of those things.  I really do.

I've been watching art journal making lately on youtube.  I really feel like I was created to do those.  I can't say that I ever have, but it's on my list of things to do this year ;) .  I like too many things.

I'm putting my craft room together too.  We decided to wait to do Foster Care.  The moment we decided we felt God's PEACE (that one I was just talking about) fall right on us.  It was almost instant.  So we knew we were making the right choice.  So we are once again, waiting on God.  I don't feel the need to push on and try something else.  Not now. But maybe sometime.  We will see.  Right now I'm too busy enjoying spending time with Drew and paying off our debt.  Oh--and dancing to the Wii Just Dance 3.  I suck, but it's still fun.  :)

Ok, I'm going to try to journal more.  Just for me.  This is my month of social sabbatical.  I will explain that in my next post.

until then....

k

No comments: