Friday, November 04, 2005

we are many

Everyone has their own world they live in, it is just amazing to me at times how those worlds live so close to one another.

I was able to go out tonight with a good friend who talked to me about how she feels left out at times. That life sometimes gets her down because she doesn't feel included in things that someone should be included on. I even sat next to her as she listened to someone remind her that she and her family was, well, left out. I couldn't believe it, and I wanted to cry for her. That reminded me of the other girl I spent the evening with. She was telling me how she hated parties, and the reason was because she felt left out. My words, not hers, but she said she didn't really relate to people at parties. They were usually in a different place than she is.

We talked about how sometimes we just feel like not going out anywhere and staying at home, in hiding. Sometimes it is just easier than facing the things in our lives that we are constantly reminded of. Easier, but probably not better.

As i drove home I started thinking about this idea about the left outs, and how i was so preoccupied with listening to other people tell me they were having a hard time with those feelings, that I, for once, forgot that I too feel left out. There is a group I am not allowed into. And I thought how strange it is that we are really oblivious to those around us who are feeling like outcasts. Some one wrote me an email today and the last thing she told me was that most of the time she feels alone. That just made me wonder if we all sort of feel like that. We look at ourselves and feel like we don't belong into certain groups, whether it be family, or status, or stages of life. But really, we all belong to a group. The group of the unbelonged. We can never belong to everything, we will never be apart of every group. So maybe instead of always trying to get into the next group, we should instead try to push through our loneliness and love those we do have, remembering in a world full of loneliness, we are many.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about money gramm. I also have a site about money gramm which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

tomirose said...

I felt that way...left out, I mean just recently.

Then I felt stupid for feeling that way, I mean how old am I anyway? I should be beyond those high school feelings of wanting to be included, right?

I guess I'll always be in high school in my heart.

Kat Smith said...

ah yes, high school. I think we will always have a need to feel included. that is what Christ came for, why we are adopted. I think it is the ultimate inclusion.